- Somerset House is a family school and is welcoming to all.
- Somerset House endeavours to teach us all to live unselfishly, considering others. Non Nobis Solum.
- Somerset House is special in that it seeks to embrace a modern, dynamic, diverse and changing world while underpinned by sound values.
- Somerset House is an independent school which makes its own decisions regarding curriculum and learning, while taking cognisance of national and international trends in education.
- Somerset House is a disciplined environment where effort, participation and excellence are honoured.
- Somerset House has a specialness and smallness which in this day and age is quite unique. The historic buildings and natural grounds are appreciated by all.
- For sixty-eight years Somerset House has remained a caring environment based on Christian values where self-esteem is nurtured, initiative is encouraged and children are able to develop self-discipline while maintaining an awareness and concern for others.
Preserving tradition, honouring values, embracing progress.
…..More than a school, a way of life.
Somerset House is an independent preparatory school that strives to provide an excellent all-round education for children preparing them thoroughly for their futures and equipping them to contribute meaningfully to society.
- We are firmly committed to recognising and developing each child’s individuality and potential.
- We embrace change as a challenge and an opportunity, whilst respecting tradition.
- We choose to provide a unique small school environment for a stimulating and demanding academic programme, emphasising child-centred education, deep-thinking and the development of life-long learning habits.
- We are a caring, Christian based environment, where self-esteem is nurtured, initiative is encouraged and children are able to develop self-discipline while maintaining an awareness and concern for others.
- We understand the valuable role that the arts, sport, extra-mural activities and leadership play in the development of rounded children.
- We are committed to the development and retention of top quality staff and to remaining up to date with appropriate educational and technological progress.
- We will allocate financial resources responsibly to ensure the delivery of world-class educational standards.
- We are committed to playing our part towards building a better South Africa.