Definition: Consistency of actions and values. Maintenance of social, ethical and school standards; adherence to ones code of conduct and principles.
- Honesty – Engages with people in an open and forthright manner, represents information accurately and completely. Does the right thing even when no one is looking.
- Keeps commitments – Does what one says one will.
- Trust – Behaves in such a way as to earn the trust of others through consistency in words and deeds.
- Authenticity – Stays true to one’s value system in the face of adversity.
- Sportsmanship – Has a desire to win balanced by humility and is able to concede defeat with grace.
Definition: A positive regard for self, others, the environment and property with a no-harm attitude to all.
- Well-mannered – Courteous towards people and their feelings. Being polite in all interactions.
- Tolerant – Maintains human dignity – Treats people as equals; recognises and accepts what is unique about them.
- Considerate –Thoughtful to others and their feelings.
- Self-respect – Stands tall, feels proud and values oneself.
Definition: Makes a conscious choice to take on an activity or accomplish a goal. Then engages both head and heart in working towards achieving the desired outcome with a firmness of purpose.
- Goal focused – Strives to achieve goals.
- Reliable – Demonstrates a level of dependability and predictability.
- Disciplined – Does what one can, even if it is difficult, to achieve the goal.
- Tenacious – Does not give up easily and looks for ways to overcome hurdles.
- Hardworking and diligent – Sees a task through to completion.
- Responsible – Accepts consequences of ones actions.
Unselfishness: Non Nobis Solum – Not for ourselves alone
Definition: To put others needs before one’s own.
- Compassionate – Feels empathy for others.
- Humble – Is not vain and has a strong rather than a big ego.
- Considerate – Thinks how ones actions will affect others.
- Kind – Is friendly, generous and warm hearted.
- Self-controlled – Is able to control ones emotions and needs, even when under pressure.
Definition: The willingness to put the success of the team above one’s own. All for one and one for all.
- Co-operative – Works effectively and willingly with others to achieve the best outcome.
- Loyal – Helps and speaks up for others. Is steadfast.
- Energised – Creates enthusiasm that keeps ones own and others energy high.
- Inclusive – Creates a sense of belonging for the whole team.
- Fun – Introduces fun when appropriate to increase engagement and energy levels.
- Informal relationships – Fosters relaxed relationships whilst respecting essential order, to minimise communication barriers.